debconf-utils not found in Ubuntu 16.04 for s390x

Raphael Philipe Mendes da Silva raphasil at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jun 16 19:04:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

I need to generate the preseed file from a s390x system with Ubuntu 16.04, as described in:
https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/installation-guide/s390x/apbs03.html

However I was not able to do that because debconf-get-selections was not found.

I was informed that this executable was present in the debconf-utils package.

By looking at the file bellow I notice that this package is not present in the default Dist Packages for s390x while it is present for other architectures.

http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/dists/xenial/main/binary-s390x/Packages.xz

Is there any particular reason for that or is it a problem?

Best regards,
Raphael Silva
Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center