reboot failure

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 29 02:21:12 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:12:09PM -0400, Jim Tarvid wrote:
> Is this a plymouth problem or rsyslogd?

I can't be at all sure, but those two (apparent) problems feel unrelated
to me. Possibly to each other, and possibly to your problem. I would
look further for a common root cause. Could there be some kind of
hardware or filesystem problem causing more general failures?

Perhaps try remounting the filesystem read-only and doing an fsck. Even
though you can't modify the filesystem as it'll be mounted, you could at
least eliminate a filesystem problem. Check for available disk space,
too.