Schedule unattended-upgrades once per month

mian.hou at canonical.com mian.hou at canonical.com
Tue Jul 12 13:35:17 UTC 2016

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your helpful comment.

My problem here is that, apt-daily.timer invoke apt-daily.servcie which
depends on /usr/lib/apt/apt.systemd.daily, apt.systemd.daily will do its
job according to /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20auto-upgrades and
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades.

It's a dilemma because if I want to make apt-daily.timer function, I
have to make the underlying /usr/lib/apt/apt.systemd.daily function
normally, which means I have duplicate schedules, one is
apt-daily.timer, and the other is the underling apt.systemd.daily.

My aim is to disable apt.systemd.daily but to keep apt-daily.timer function.

Seems the only way is to copy and customize a newly