Question about DPDK performance on bare-metal VS virtual

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Mon Apr 11 18:57:33 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 6:08 PM, Nish Aravamudan <
nish.aravamudan at canonical.com> wrote:

> On 11.04.2016 [03:56:09 -0300], Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
> > On 11 April 2016 at 03:36, Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> <snip>
> >  BTW, is it possible to translate those qemu options, into a Libvirt XML?
> > Very annoying to deal with those commands...
>
> I believe virsh has domxml-to-native/native-to-domxml commands. "native"
> type can be specified as qemu-argv, iirc.
>
> Hi,
for Thiagos current need it really is even easier - You have a few places
you care about regarding dpdk
- mutliqueue for virtio-nics to use them from a guest
- shared huge page memory when using vhost_user
- vhost_user based nics + multiqueue for those

All of them have libvirt XML sections now, no commandline nor even
qemu-argv needed at all.
That is what I pointed to the serverguide for as I have examples of all
these sections there.

cu
Christian