Intro: Om Prakash Singh

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 19 02:36:14 UTC 2015

Quoting oomprakash at gmail.com (oomprakash at gmail.com):

> Hi Ubuntu Server Team,
>

> I am Om Prakash Singh and am working with unix/Linux system admin support and
> engineering for a firm in India. I had been using ubuntu from quite some time
> around 5 years, and I am at a quite proficient level for supporting ubuntu on
> my desktop. My core work areas includes working along with different type of
> HW and managing Linux server support on them. In the recent few months I had
> been involved in working with testing environment like autotest and
> configuration management system as puppet. These technologies had mad me
> quite interested in understaing the core architecture on how the OS is
> planned and build. I am keen to join you guys in helping and contributing
> towards the growing ubuntu culture. and would be very happy to work along
> with someone who can mentor me for the time being. Please consider my
> application to join and contribute.

Hi, welcome, we're delighted to have you :)

A few things I would suggest,

1. Join #ubuntu-server on freenode.  If you have questions you can ask them
there; if you see questions asked to which you either have the answer or can
help research/point toward the answer, join in!

2. Join (or lurk at) the weekly Ubuntu server team meeting on #ubuntu-meeting
on freenode, Tuesdays at 16:00 UTC.  You can see the agenda at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting The second and third agenda items in
particular (xenial development and assigned bugwork) will give you an idea of
things we are all working on.

well that's a decent start :)  The top of the server team knowledge base at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase points to a list of open
server related bugs.  If some bug or class of bugs interests you, feel free
to discuss on #ubuntu-server.

-serge