Ubuntu Server Mentoring Program

Alex Beliy heywhynot.alex at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 00:05:20 UTC 2015

Hey Server team,

My name is Alex. I have been interested in Linux since High School. I have
worked in Linux environments and even have certifications through my local
community college. I am passionate about Linux and would love to get my
career started in a Linux environment. The trouble is everyone that is
hiring is looking for someone with a lot more experience than I can vouch
for. At this point, unfortunately, I have more experience with Apple
computers and I work as basic IT guy fixing Microshaft problems and
iPhones. I would like to break away from this rut that I'm stuck in but you
know we all have bills to pay.
Main point of the story is, I love Linux and the Open Source movement.
Opening terminal makes me tingle. I would love to help you guys out and
work on my skills at the same time. Two birds one stone, right?
This would be a great opportunity for me and I appreciate your
consideration.

Thanks,
Alex