Errors when pushing to Launchpad

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 1 09:04:21 UTC 2015

On 1 April 2015 at 07:34, Ted Cox <ted.m.cox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. New volunteer here.
>
> I made some edits to the introduction.xml document.
>
> I tried to push those edits to my Launchpad account:
>
> bzr push lp:~ted-m-cox/serverguide/serverguide-review-7.1
>
> I get this error:
>
> bzr: ERROR: These branches have diverged.  See "bzr help
> diverged-branches" for more information.
>
> So I run bzr merge, but get "Nothing to do."

Try:

$ bzr missing lp:~ted-m-cox/serverguide/serverguide-review-7.1

and then:

$ bzr merge lp:~ted-m-cox/serverguide/serverguide-review-7.1

-- or --

$ bzr push --overwrite (this will delete data !)

> I also tried to something like this:
>
> bzr push lp:~ted-m-cox/serverguide/serverguide-review-7.1/introduction01
>
> But also got an error:
>
> bzr: ERROR: Permission denied: "Cannot create 'introduction01'. Only
> Bazaar branches are allowed."

Right, all branches on upstream launchpad projects have name
~owner/project/branch-name, thus "/" is a separator and is not allowed
in the branch name.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.