Any changes in kernels the last month (Iptables related)

Kim Emax kimemax at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 08:09:55 UTC 2014

Hello

I was wondering if there´s been any changed in the later kernels?

I´m using a ubuntu server with tow nics as a router, firewall, DHCP etc.
The last month out of nowhere and without any changes (other than regular
updates from apt) my LAN has been fucked on upload (0.07mbit), while the
WAN has +40Mbit. I´ve rebooted switches and WLAN router, changed the LAN
nic and has a laptop directly to the router, no luck.

By changing in the iptables rules i´ve managed to tweak the LAN upload to
1-2mbit, still works really bad on LAN though. Taking a test at
hastighedstest.tdc.dk shows NO speed at first, then after a while it goes
up a bit up to 3mbit, then falls back and stays around 1mbit. Wierd
behaviour.

Current Kernel: 3.2.0-67-generic, Ubuntu 12.04

--
Take care
Kim Emax