Aiming for Qemu 2.0 in 14.04

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Fri Mar 14 06:02:46 UTC 2014

On 2014.03.13 22:21 Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Ryan Harper (ryan.harper at ubuntu.com):
>> Doug Smythies <dsmythies at telus.net> [2014-03-13 16:09]:
>>> Now, I can not get my VNC client to communicate with my Ubuntu Desktop
VM.
>>> Everything is fine and I can see it start up and such but then I always
get:

>>> "Error in TightVNC Viewer: Error in protocol: Incorrect size of
rectangle"

>> I've had trouble with the tightvnc viewer before;  I almost always use
>> virt-viewer or gvncviewer.

I am also having troubles with UltraVNC Viewer, although the manifestation
of the issues are different. I do not know how about virt-viewer or
gvncviewer. Note that I use an ms windows Laptop for the VNC viewer client.

> That may be, but there were a set of vnc updates to the qemu tree
> between the last and current version in ppa:
> So my money is on a bug in there.

Yes, I have a single variable change, and have gone back and forth a few
times now. Seems conclusive to me.

... Doug