[14.04] KVM Windows 2008 R2 Guest, Fica lento inexplicavelmente

Armindo Silva deathon2legs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:29:02 UTC 2014

Hi Osvaldo,

Thank you, I am currently testing this, let's hope it works, but is a
bummer if I have to do this to every single VM.

Serge,

Using the packages from that repo does not appear to solve the problem
(rebooting the host was a requirement after installing it? I did not do so).

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 3:17 AM, Osvaldo Filho <arquivostcf at gmail.com>
wrote:

> From my xml
>
>   <vcpu placement='static' cpuset='8,10,12,14'>4</vcpu>
>   <os>
>     <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-i440fx-trusty'>hvm</type>
>     <boot dev='hd'/>
>     <bootmenu enable='no'/>
>   </os>
>
> This prevents the system to use a processor from one socket and the
> memories of other. Configured threads are not shared with any other virtual
> machine.

> What do you mean? Is there any config options i can add to the VMs'
>> configuration?
>>  On Jul 10, 2014 1:47 AM, "Osvaldo Filho" <arquivostcf at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> After separating the threads of cpus leaving each VM with unique threads I
>>> got stability.

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a
little way past them into the impossible."
Sir Arthur C. Clarke