12.04 server oddity

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Wed May 8 18:57:21 UTC 2013

On 05/08/2013 01:06 PM, Kushagra Sharma wrote:

> seems so ... video card should not be a problem..
> well.. about ssh ..
> 1)you can check whether ssh is running or not ( sudo service ssh status).
> 2)i am not good with all this.. but the last time when i ssh-ed, i just
> added exception in ufw.. ufw allow port 22/23/24
> or another way is to look in iptables.. but i really never looked into
> that much.. ufw manages that .
> -------
> ( please do let me know about updates on this issue.. I am  pretty young
> and a keen learner :) )

If you can't ssh in (ssh was running: I got to the password stage) & you
have a black screen on the target machine, you can't disable the
firewall short of hooking up a serial port of which I no longer have the
necessary wherewithal to do.

So you're stuck. By the way, try to keep your replies addressed to the
list & not the author so that others may read them too. Also, top
posting is frowned upon on virtually every well mannered mailing list
but, to everybody, please let's not start a flame war about it ;-)

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.9 & 6.4, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy, Spherical &