12.04.2 LTS MaaS + PPA Juju doesn't work

Dave Russell dave.russell at canonical.com
Wed Mar 20 06:25:23 UTC 2013

On 20/03/13 02:27, Kyle Rankin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Juju working with Maas on LTS so I can ultimately
> deploy Openstack following the current steps on help.ubuntu.com
> [1]. Unfortunately I don't think anyone has tried deploying this
> combination lately with the current juju from the PPA and the
> precise Maas. I ran into two hurdles:
>
> 1. The maas-import-isos that ships with precise has a bug that
> prevents maas-enlist from showing up [2]. I was able to get past
> this by following the workaround in the launchpad bug for the
> issue. That involved directly editing the maas-import-isos script
> on line 106 and hardcoding that the release was precise. Anyway I
> got through that so that maas-enlist showed up as a PXE option and
> I was able to enlist two test nodes.
>
> 2. A bigger deal is that the current juju seems to expect the
> Maas/api/1.0/ path to exist on the maas server for its API call and
> this path is missing in the version of maas that ships with
> precise. With this I wasn't able to get any further.
>
> Now normally I guess you might suggest I just shrug and try 12.10
> or something newer but since my goal is to document how to get this
> working specifically with LTS I'm stuck right now. To reproduce my
> issue it's as simple as following the directions in the Maas docs
> to set up a Maas server with precise from boot media [2], and then
> follow the same docs to install the current juju from PPA and
> configure it for Maas [3]. Once you get to the point where you are
> ready to juju bootstrap you should see the error.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Kyle Rankin
>
> [1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuCloudInfrastructure [2]
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/maas/+bug/1070190/ [3]
> http://maas.ubuntu.com/docs/install.html [4]
> http://maas.ubuntu.com/docs/juju-quick-start.html

Hey Kyle, sorry to hear you're having issues, can you also put your
comments in the LP bug listed below as I know the teams responsible
for SRU'ing the updates into 12.04 will be interested in your feedback.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/quantal/+source/maas/+bug/1109283

- --

Cheers,
       Dave Russell