Quick intro

Chris Glass chris.glass at canonical.com
Thu Jun 13 06:55:03 UTC 2013

Hi John!

I recently started helping on the server guide as well, and so here are a
few tips I can share:
- Follow the procedure outlined here [1] for the source checkout and
lanchpad/bzr integration.
- Using LXC containers, it's very simple to spin up a new, pristine Ubuntu
Saucy machine ("sudo lxc-create -n saucy -t ubuntu -- --release saucy -b
(you username)" should get you started). Then simply login to it via ssh
("sudo lxc-ls --fancy" will get you the IP address of your new machine),
and follow the article you picked to the letter, or confirm your bug, etc...
- Make sure you run "scripts/validate.sh" on your modified article, I
somehow overlooked this instruction at first, but it is very helpful and
saves reviewers a lot of time.

Glad to see your interest on the server guide! Don't hesitate to join the
server guide helpers team here [2] and join the mailing list (it's not very
active right now but hopefully that will change :) )

Cheers,

- Chris

[1]:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/UbuntuServerGuide