Quick intro

John Kim johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 04:39:17 UTC 2013

I'm confused whether I should stick go virtualization within a distro or dedicate a machine to the bleeding edge ubuntu server.

Personally, I had a terrible experience with virtualization with testdrive. it took forever for the system to load, and I felt as if I had to constantly go through the install process and not actually run the operating system on the spot.

What especially bothered me was when I was brought to the partitioning step. I might want to try vagrant, but if I were to use it or any virtualization solution, does it actually take up space in the hard drive? I'm guessing this would entail me to run the operating system straight from virtualization.

please correct me if I'm wrong. I really want to be confident before I move forward.