Raring bind 9.9.2.dfsg.P1-2

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Thu Feb 21 06:00:10 UTC 2013

I have seen a number of recommendations to use bind 9.9 rather than 9.8
when deploying DNSSEC.  It appears the upcoming release of bind is from
Debian experimental, and not unstable.  What's up with that?

A while ago I think I saw a page on Debian's site about the issues of
moving to bind 9.9, but I can't seem to find it right now.  It might help
to review it prior to trying out 9.9.  Anyone have any pointers?

I would like to use bind 9.9 to deploy DNSSEC and DANE prior to the raring
release.  Is their any significant difference running it on 12.04 or 12.10?
 Is this a bad idea?

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=bind&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=bind
Most recent ppa build I can find of bind 9.9
https://launchpad.net/~kokelnet/+archive/bind99

Thanks,
Chuck