Calling for Server Guide reviewers/contributors - - Raring

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Feb 20 13:09:33 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 09:44:40 AM Matthew East wrote:
> On 20 February 2013 00:22, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> > I brought this up because I recently found a few errors in the server
> > guide
> > and if I could just pull a branch, fix it, and push, I would.
>
> I suppose that submitting such a branch as a merge proposal is not
> much more extra work, but that said I don't have a problem with the
> suggested change to permissions. Any other views?
>
> Do people have a view about whether this should apply to ~ubuntu-dev
> or just ~ubuntu-core-dev? I'd tend to go with the latter on the
> grounds that ubuntu-docs is in main, as are the packages that make up
> the subject matter of the serverguide, so this seems consistent, and
> for the reason given by Scott says there is an implicit trust that the
> project gives core-devs.

I think it should be ~ubuntu-core-dev generally and perhaps ~ubuntu-desktop
and ~kubuntu-dev (and others similarly) for their respective docs.  I do not
think it should be ~ubuntu-dev because it includes people with PPU (per
package upload rights) who may have little familiarity with broader Ubuntu
processes and requirements.

Thanks for being open to the change.  I agree submitting a merge proposal is
not THAT much more work, but, at least for me, it's enough more that I don't
do it.

Scott K