Calling for Server Guide reviewers/contributors - - Raring

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Sat Feb 16 16:51:27 UTC 2013

On 2013.02.06 09:26 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:12:28 PM Peter Matulis wrote:
> > On 02/06/2013 12:03 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > > ... I don't think it makes
> > > sense that Ubuntu core developers don't have the ability to commit
changes
> > > to the bzr repository.
> >
> > Has the idea of ubuntu-core-dev becoming a sub-team of ubuntu-core-doc
> > ever been brought up before in a formal way?  If not, maybe it should.

> It's been discussed.  I think it makes the least sense to not allow it for
the
> server guide since every Ubuntu developer I know is also, to some degree a

> server system administrator.

> Scott K

This thread should not just fade away.
In my opinion the Ubuntu server guide is in desperate need of contributions
from
subject matter experts. We should do whatever it takes to make it easier for
those
experts to contribute. That being said, I don't know that anybody should do
their
own, non-trivial, merge without any review. However, if that is what it
takes then
O.K.

Doug S.