Calling for Server Guide reviewers/contributors - - TRUSTY

Spencer Krum krum.spencer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 18:00:45 UTC 2013

The other question is do we have to conform to some Ubuntu look and feel
guide. Making the server guide look like opsschool will be pretty easy,
making a theme that will look exactly like the server guide does now, with
coloring and tinting and branding and such might be much harder.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Peter Matulis
<peter.matulis at canonical.com>wrote:

> On 12/13/2013 01:25 AM, William Van Hevelingen wrote:
> > Yeah...looks like those didn't get converted. It shouldn't be that much
> > effort to fix all the headers. The internal links will have to be fixed
> > too, maybe a sed script can fix them up.
> >
> > I used sphinx to generate some html and posted it here:
> >
> > http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~wvan/serverguide/remote-administration.html
> >
> > Not really sure how to make the index/homepage work yet but this is a
> > work in progress. :)
> >
> > Do you have any feedback so besides the other items you mentioned?
>
> As far as formats are concerned, I do agree that reStructuredText is the
> what we should be primarily looking at.
>
> In one of your previous links I like the way this ended up:
>
> http://www.opsschool.org/en/latest/
>
> With the exception of the way the table of contents works.  If you
> choose a chapter lower down the list it expands but the page refreshes
> and you're back at the top and can't see that expansion.
>
> I wonder if we can pull this off for Trusty?  It's a bold move and it
> should involve the opinions of more people.  This will impact
> translators as well.
>
> ~pmatulis

Spencer Krum
(619)-980-7820