Calling for Server Guide reviewers/contributors - - TRUSTY

Louis Bouchard louis.bouchard at canonical.com
Fri Dec 13 08:13:06 UTC 2013

Hello,

Le 12/12/2013 23:15, Peter Matulis a écrit :
> I don't see why not as long as i) we can achieve the same results in
> terms of an actual installation and ii) do not leave people scratching
> their heads.  I'm alluding to the fact that performing manual steps is
> part of learning the software's architecture and, in turn, is invaluable
> in how to maintain/administer the installation.  Since Juju replaces the
> manual steps the text would need to replace them with corresponding
> explanation.

I think that the reference for installing Openstack 'manually' should remain the
Openstack.org document :

"Openstack Installation Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS)"

http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/

Juju specific instructions may better fit in the Server Guide, though I've heard
mention of an Openstack specific juju guide during vUDS. But if Juju's
instructions end up in the server guide, we must make sure that they remain
valid through the life of the LTS

Kind regards,

..Louis
--
Louis Bouchard
Software engineer, Cloud & Sustaining eng.