Calling for Server Guide reviewers/contributors - - TRUSTY

William Van Hevelingen wvan13 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 05:07:25 UTC 2013

Any update on the items in the blueprint?

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/serverguide/+spec/community-1308-serverguide-development

(a) Settle on an XML editor that will make editing the source files easier
(b) Possibly moving away from the XML format, for the same reason

I've contributed before and every time it reminds me how horrible it is to
have docs in XML.

+1 for moving to something like markdown or restructured text.

Cheers,
William

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Peter Matulis
<peter.matulis at canonical.com>wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> We're always in need of folks to review current instructions provided in
> the Ubuntu Server Guide and suggest improvements.  Please do check out
> the following link and help out where you can.
>

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/UbuntuServerGuide
>
> The subjects we need the most help with this cycle are the following
> (also documented above):
>
> Zentyal
> Network Authentication - Samba and LDAP
> DNS Troubleshooting
> AppArmor
> TLS Certificates
> eCryptfs
> Monitoring - Overview
> Monitoring - Nagios
> Monitoring - Munin
> Apache
> Ruby on Rails
> phpMyAdmin
> Exim4
> Mailman
> MailFiltering
> Version Control Systems - References
> Samba - Introduction
> Samba - File Server
> Samba - Print Server
> Samba - Securing File and Print Server
> Samba - As a Domain Controller
> Samba - Active Directory Integration
> JeOS and vmbuilder (scheduled for removal)
> Ubuntu Cloud (will probably redirect to upstream docs)
> OpenVPN
>
> Instead of helping on a per-topic basis you can also offer fixes to
> existing bugs:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/serverguide
>
> We're also looking for help in maintaining the guide in terms of
> validating reviews (merge proposals).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peter Matulis

Thanks,