Call for Testing: Ubuntu Server Quantal

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 7 11:57:59 UTC 2012

Hi List

As you will probably have noticed, Ubuntu Quantal Beta 1 is now
available for testing:

  http://releases.ubuntu.com/12.10/

The last part of the development cycle focusses on fixing bugs; so we
need as much help as possible identifying any potential bugs in the
packages that support Ubuntu Server before we release Quantal.

I'm not recommending you upgrade all of your servers to Ubuntu Quantal
now - its still a beta so will have some rough edges!

But it is a great point in time if you will be upgrading to Ubuntu
12.10 when its released to start testing for your upgrade - try out
the packages and configuration that you use in your production servers
on a test install of Ubuntu Quantal and see if things are still
working how you expect.

It's also worth trying out upgrades from 12.04; you can do this using
the 'do-release-upgrade -d' command.

Most importantly - please report any bugs you encounter!

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs has useful information
on the right way to report a bug; sometimes we have published
debugging information which will help speed up the bug triage process
hugely and reporting bugs using the 'ubuntu-bug' command will
automatically collect quite a bit of data about your installation.

Thanks in advance for all those bug reports :-)

Cheers

James

- --
James Page