Minutes from the Ubuntu Server Team meeting, 2012-10-02

Ursula Junque ursinha at ursinha.net
Tue Oct 2 17:41:04 UTC 2012

Full IRC logs can be found in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20121002, along with these

== Meeting summary ==

=== ACTION points ===

    ACTION points from previous meeting

      * jamespage to look into aligning release team and server team
trackign reports
        - No progress so far, will follow up with Ursinha next week.

    New ACTION points:

      * ACTION: jamespage and Ursinha to look into aligning release
team and server team tracking reports
      * ACTION: jamespage to provide info to hggdh about how to run
iSCSI and MAAS tests for the ISO

=== Release Bugs ===

 * bug 1017847 in qemu-linaro (Ubuntu) "qemu segfaults when creating
an armhf container on an amd64 host" [High,Confirmed]
   * hallyn will try to reproduce the issue again, added to his list.

 * bug 1047520 in php5 (Ubuntu Quantal) "NEWS and release notes need
updating" [Critical,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1047520
   * SpamapS looked and said it was already Fix Released.

 * bug 1049177 in maas (Ubuntu Quantal) "isc-dhcp-server apparmor
profile should have include ".d" " [Critical,Fix Committed]
   * smoser said the fix is already on a PPA.

 * bug 1044632 in juju (Ubuntu Quantal) "Modify format 2 so that it
supports raw strings" [Critical,New]
   * jimbaker said the fix is part of the 0.5.2 release of juju.
SpamapS said he has a final drop of Juju code planned for later this

  Daviey asked SpamapS if any news on using ubuntu-cloud lxc template
for local provider. SpamapS said the branch is proposed and in review

=== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh) ===

  hggdh reported iSCSI and MAAS tests didn't run for beta 2 ISO, so he
assumed server team wants him to run it, and asked for information on
how to do it.

  He reported found an easy way to have the ISO dns-server tests to
actually execute, and will be proposing a merge soon for USIT.

  He also reported that MAAS now seem to support virsh, but there are
not docs on how to fill in the fields on the "Add Node" screen, and
the "Doc" button on the page does not even talk about virsh.
  roaksoax said we would need to check that with iupstream as he's
only worked with IPMI. smoser haven't tested current maas with virsh,
but it is on the list of things he'd like to know how to do.

  hggdh should catch up with Daview after the meeting.

=== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb) ===

 * bug 1021471 in linux (Ubuntu Quantal) "clone() hang when creating
new network namespace (dmesg show unregister_netdevice: waiting for lo
to become free. Usage count = 2)" [High,Triaged]
    * smb reported he's getting somewhere with it, was compiling a new
test kernel to check that. Should be on people by the time the meeting

=== Next meeting date and time ===

  Next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 9th at 16:00 UTC in
#ubuntu-meeting. Chair will be rbasak.


Ursinha (Ursula Junque)
ursinha at ursinha.net
ursinha at ubuntu.com
Ubuntu - I am because we are
Linux user #289453 - Ubuntu user #31144

More information about the ubuntu-server mailing list