MAAS Install issue

Evan Jones hmschldad at cox.net
Tue May 15 19:17:33 UTC 2012

I have downloaded the newest Ubuntu server iso image and have problems with
setting up the cloud. Here is what has happened so far.

Using a VMWare 4.0 server as the install platform.

Attempt #1

.         created controller on VMWare server. Install went smooth with no
problems. IP address for MAAS controller was 192.168.1.9 (from network DHCP
server -Endian firewall).

.         Created maas superuser as per instructions. Worked correctly.

.         Opened IE9 on Win7 desktop and went to MAAS page 192.168.1.9/MAAS
as per instructions. Page opened correctly.

.         Performed sudo maas-import-isos. Worked correctly.

.         Created 2 nodes in VMWare. Installed correctly. Nodes shut down
correctly.

.         Opened IE9 on Win7 desktop and went to MAAS page 192.168.1.9/MAAS
as per instructions. Page opened correctly.

.         Attempted to "Accept and Commission" nodes. System hung on me. I
had to shutdown controller and reboot.

.         Could not get back to MAAS Admin page at 192.168.1.9/MAAS.

.         Deleted all VMWare machines from disk and inventory on VMWare
server and started over.

Attempt #2 through--------

Did all of the same as above. When I tried to open the webpage at
192.168.1.9/MAAS or any other IP address that I tried during various install
attempts I would get an webpage error. If I entered just the controller IP
address I would get the Apache
IT WORKS" but there is no content loaded for this webpage notice.

I have tried this with several different IP addresses, on a bare metal
machine, a different subnet on the network and with Firefox, Chrome and IE 8
and IE 9 on different desktop machines. Every attempt has provided the same
response: If I entered just the controller IP address I would get the Apache
IT WORKS" but there is no content loaded for this webpage notice. If I enter
the ip/MAAS address I get a webpage error.

I have even re-downloaded the Ubuntu 12.04 iso image and tried all over
again. Same problem.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Evan