[Cluster-devel] Setgid not preserved in GFS2 with ACL

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Wed May 2 08:57:12 UTC 2012

Hi Steve, hi all,

Thank you for your reply.

Le 30/04/2012 12:23, Steven Whitehouse a écrit :
> It sounds like that might be a bug. If you can open a fedora rawhide
> bug, assuming that you are not a Red Hat customer, at Red Hat's
> bugzilla, then that will ensure that this doesn't get forgotten. Please
> note exactly which kernel version(s) you are using and as much other
> detail as possible.

We are Redhat customers and to track this bug, I created that :
https://access.redhat.com/support/cases/00634537
but I doubt this may be publicly accessible (according to what I
understand, *you* will be able to read it, but anyway, this is a Cc of
my primary mail). I will add details (kernel, gfs2 version, etc...)

> Some other info which may help: Samba is supported on RHEL only in an
> active/passive failover configuration, except on RHEL 6.2 and above
> where it is supported in active/active.

Ambiguity for me is that here, I'm using Redhat products (ctdb, GFS2,
cman suite) on an Ubuntu server. But I sincerely doubt this makes a
difference : the issue here lies on GFS2 (I strongly suppose).

> If you are a Red Hat customer, then please report this issue via our
> support team in the first instance.
>
> Also, are you doing the tests when running as the same user on gfs2 and
> ext3/4?

Yes, this has been tested with the same users (root and bob).

PS : I am sincerely astonished this case has not been met before, as the
GFS2 with ACLs sounded to me quite common, but I may be wrong.

--
Nicolas Ecarnot