The Ubuntu Server Guide wants YOU!

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Mon Mar 5 14:01:30 UTC 2012

On Monday, March 05, 2012 08:53:41 AM Peter Matulis wrote:
> On 12-03-05 08:23 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > Since the server guide isn't shipped as a package in the archive, why
> > would string freeze apply to it?
> It's not strictly necessary but it was agreed during the last cycle that
> doing so would help with translations.
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2011-October/016216.html

How did that work out?

Most non-Canonical server users don't even consider server testing until after
Beta 1 and usually not Beta 2 (that's been the historical pattern).  Since
there is essentially no non-string content to the server guide, applying
string freeze means the work has to be complete by string freeze.

If freezing garnered significant translations, it might be worth it, but if
not, I think it would be better to have a more complete server guide in at
least one language.

Scott K