Distro-provided mechanism to clean up old kernels

Pandu Poluan pandu at poluan.info
Fri Feb 17 09:42:36 UTC 2012

Server guys (me included) will only ask that whatever's the default in grub
be kept. That, and maybe 2 latest kernel excluding the default.

Server guys are also (usually) much more aware with what's going on, so for
them they would appreciate a tool that will:

* List all kernels (and their baggages) found in /boot

* Protect the current default in grub

* Show which 2 other kernels are recommended/protected

* Provide a way to protect other kernels explicitly

* Delete the useless kernels (and their baggage) automatically.

Rgds,