Odd prompt at end of automated install

Justin Ryan justizin at justizin.com
Fri Aug 31 21:36:35 UTC 2012

Checked again and I am, in fact, setting priority=critical on the
kernel commandline.

I discussed with my teammate and he thinks it may be that he is using
some conditional logic in the preseed to determine what device name to
use - we have some HP machines which have wierd device names like
ccss00 or somesuch.

Our preseed is generated dynamically by a web app, as I mentioned, so
we could try to move the conditional logic there, but there is a
chicken <-> egg problem that new hosts boot to a dynamic IP, install
with a default config, and register / continually update themselves
with our inventory system using a script installed into cron by
puppet.