Fwd: EOL upgrades

Alberto Fuentes alberto.fuentes at qindel.com
Thu Aug 2 08:29:33 UTC 2012

Is there a reason EOL upgrades are not supported?

Ive followed ubuntu wiki guides, with bad results. I did not even get it
to fire the upgrade process with do-release-upgrade or with alternate cds :/

Not asking for troubleshooting advice tho, since im trying already to do
it debian way and/or fresh install depending on the machine.

As I see it, using old-releases it should not be hard to make it behave
like it would have worked when it was supported following recommended path

Is there something im missing?

greets!