MAAS Development documentation

Michael Hughes itismike at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:49:25 UTC 2012

I'm not sure if this is better suited for the docs list or the server
list, so please pardon the cross-post.

It looks like there's a value for nextserver that may be imported from
the calling function:
dhcp-option=3,$next_server

The wiki suggests replacing that variable with a static IP address:
"dhcp-option=3,next_server: replace **next_server** with the current
server's IP address."
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MAAS

Is the value of '$next_server' set elsewhere in Cobbler's code? Seems
like the installation of Cobbler might already know what value that
should be so I wouldn't want to overwrite that variable unless it was
necessary.

Also, is there a more mature version of documentation for MAAS available?

Thanks,
Mike