ServerGuide reviewers needed

Ahmed Kamal kim0 at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 13 13:44:42 UTC 2011

On 08/18/2011 01:49 PM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> On 08/17/2011 06:33 PM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> As you know Adam the maintainer of the serverguide had stepped down.
>> I'm trying to assemble a team of server oriented folks who are
>> interested in reviewing the Ubuntu server guide (making sure all the
>> info inside is fresh and accurate), this is only part of it, the team
>> would also work on creating a fresh chapter on UbuntuCloud
>> (openstack+orchestra+Ensemble).
>>
>> If you are interested, please raise your hand
>>
>> Cheers
>>
> Wow, I have been bombarded with interested contributors! Thanks to
> everyone who replied offering to contribute, this is how we "Ubuntu
> people" get things done! For everyone wanting to contribute, here is
> what you need to do:
>
> - Visit: http://pad.ubuntu.com/serverguide
> - Pick a sub-chapter you would like to review, add your launchpad name
> to the end and change status from TODO to INPROGRESS
>   Example: 4.2TCP/IP (TODO) would become 4.2 TCP/IP
> (INPROGRESS)(YOUR-LP-NAME)
> - That pad page also has instructions on how to grab the serverguide
> and work with it
> - If you've never used bzr before, this tutorial can be useful:
> http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/latest/en/mini-tutorial/
> - If you need any help, ping me kim0 on irc. I hang out on
> #ubuntu-server or #ubuntu-cloud. Or shoot me an email
>
> Note: While we've broken down the work items by sub-chapter, I would
> like to encourage you to own a full chapter since that should help
> with consistency
>
> Thanks again for offering to help, we have a limited time frame till
> 11.10 is released, so your prompt contributions are very welcome.
> Let's start crunching

Hi Team,

We are almost half way through this month. My soft goal is to have all
chapters in a merge proposal by end of this month. If you're interested
in a nice graphical representation of approximately where we are, please
check this out
http://cloud.ubuntu.com/2011/09/serverguide-review-progress/

- If you'd like to help with this effort, your help is needed and time
is not on our side. Please do adopt a chapter on
http://pad.ubuntu.com/serverguide all instructions are already on that page

- If you already adopted a chapter, kindly update your chapters' status
to one of:
   * TODO: Someone needs to adopt this
   * TODO + YourName : I am planning to review this sub-chapter. It will
be ready for a merge proposal by end of this month
   * INPROGRESS: I am already on it, will be ready by end of month
   * PROPOSED: Merge proposal filed
   * DONE: Merged

Cheers
<http://pad.ubuntu.com/serverguide>