Ubuntu Server Guide - weak areas and missing pieces

Peter Matulis peter.matulis at canonical.com
Fri Nov 18 15:19:12 UTC 2011

Hi everyone.

For this important LTS cycle I wanted to get some fresh ideas concerning
the Ubuntu Server Guide [1].  In particular, right now it would be great
if people could give their thoughts on:

1. What parts of the Guide need more attention (weak areas)

and

2. What are some of the missing pieces

For the latter, I've already identified the glaring omissions of
Openstack, Juju, and Orchestra.

Secondly, and I vaguely remember a discussion about this on a mailing
list, I'm not sure we should be including Eucalyptus docs in the Guide
anymore as Openstack is quickly becoming the dominant force for the
cloud on Ubuntu.  People can obviously continue to use the older release
Server Guides.  Comments?

I will be sending out a separate post where I will be asking for
reviewers and contributors for the Guide.  Stay tuned.

Thanks for listening.

[1]: https://help.ubuntu.com/11.10/serverguide/C/index.html

--
Peter Matulis
Driver for Ubuntu Server Guide - Precise cycle