upgrade to natty problems - network down

Callan Jefferson Davies callan at cruzn.net.au
Tue May 31 13:11:12 UTC 2011

> I get different errors at times but mostly when I click on the
> workgroup/domain icon after a longish wait I get a:  Unable to mount
> location     Failed to retrieve share list from server    error
> message.  I feel like I've tried everything.

Hi Jack,

Firstly, what is it that you're trying to achieve? Can you describe your
setup?

I'm getting the idea so far that you're trying to get every machine to
see every other machine, i.e. each machine has files to share.

Can you tell me more?

I'm not sure if I can help with your mount error, but I can tell you
I've done a few networks with shared files and so forth and it seems to
work well.

Look fwd to your reply.

Cheers
CD