[Oneiric-Topic] Revisit Xen support

Jorge Armando Medina jmedina at e-compugraf.com
Mon May 30 18:35:48 UTC 2011

On 03/30/2011 08:27 AM, Chuck Short wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the past Xen support in Ubuntu as a host has been difficult for a
> variety of reasons most notably no upstream kernel support. Now that
> dom0 should be coming into the vanilla kernel soon. I think its time to
> revisit supporting Xen as a hypervisor as well.
>
> Regards
> chuck

Hi there,

Linus just accepted almost all the xen bits in 2.6.39+, this will allow
Linux to run in Xen as Domain-0 and DomainU fully paravirtulized, more info:

http://blogs.oracle.com/wim/entry/linux_mainline_contains_all_the?

http://www.kernel.org/diff/diffview.cgi?file=/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/snapshots/patch-2.6.39-git20.bz2

Best regards.

--
Jorge Armando Medina
Computación Gráfica de México
Email: jmedina at e-compugraf.com
GPG Key: 1024D/28E40632 2007-07-26
GPG Fingerprint: 59E2 0C7C F128 B550 B3A6  D3AF C574 8422 28E4 0632