[Oneiric-Topic] Puppet Integration

Paul Graydon paul at paulgraydon.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 22:27:33 UTC 2011

On 03/31/2011 11:52 AM, Mark Foster wrote:
> On 03/31/2011 10:36 AM, Chuck Short wrote:
>> Puppet installs over apt-get and takes editing a quick
>>> /etc/default/puppet file to say YES to enable it (rather than risk
>>> conflicts)
> BTW this behavior is annoying, it should just rely on the normal methods
> i.e. update-rc.d puppet defaults

That may be the normal method, but it's not the Ubuntu (debian?) way,
which is to automatically do that on install, and start the application
up.  Personally I find that an annoying default, if for example, have to
install an FTP server on a machine I don't want it starting up until
I've had a chance to configure it first.

Paul