tomcat -> which version to download

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 31 13:44:51 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Kaushal Shriyan's message of Thu Mar 31 04:34:47 -0700 2011:
> Hi,
>
> As of now I am using tomcat apache 5.5.27 with java version "1.6.0_24" on
> Ubuntu Server 10.04. I happened to visit the url ->
> http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html Bit confused. Not sure which
> version i need to go for my production purpose to avail latest features and
> performance improvement.
>
> Please suggest/guide.

If you want to take advantage of the high degree of stability of 10.04
you should probably think about using the 'tomcat6' package in Lucid,
which is v6.0.24 + patches for critical issues.

However if you have some specific reason to use tomcat 5.5 .. then you
are on your own as far as recommendations.. how can we help you choose?