[Oneiric-Topic] ipv6 health check

Thierry Carrez ttx at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 31 07:04:37 UTC 2011

Etienne Goyer wrote:
> On 11-03-30 11:46 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Etienne Goyer wrote:
>>> - What about IPv6 support in Eucalyptus and OpenStack?
>>
>> Dunno about Eucalyptus, but OpenStack/Nova has ipv6 support baked in.
>
> By that, do you mean you can run OpenStack/Nova in an IPv4-free
> environment?  What about the instances?

I admit I haven't tested it locally... But the code to hand out IPv6
addresses to instances is definitely there[1]. If you have further
questions, I can connect you with people that know that better than I do :)

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~ntt-pf-lab/nova/ipv6-support/+merge/46220

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Ubuntu core developer