[Oneiric-Topic] Revisit Xen support

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at canonical.com
Wed Mar 30 14:35:10 UTC 2011

On 11-03-30 10:27 AM, Chuck Short wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the past Xen support in Ubuntu as a host has been difficult for a
> variety of reasons most notably no upstream kernel support. Now that
> dom0 should be coming into the vanilla kernel soon. I think its time to
> revisit supporting Xen as a hypervisor as well.

I do not have much to contribute to the technical discussion around Xen
dom0.  All I can say is that, in my work with corporate end-users, it's
a FAQ; seems like Xen is entrenched in a lot of organisations.
Maintaining and supporting a dom0 kernel would make the life of these
organisations much easier, and even open new opportunities for Ubuntu in
the enterprises.

--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd

 ~= Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings =~