[Oneiric-Topic] Package Updates

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Mar 30 14:13:28 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, March 30, 2011 09:59:58 AM Chuck Short wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For Oneiric I would like the following packages updated:
>
> dovecot 1.2.x -> 2.x
> mysql 5.1 -> 5.5
>
> The reasoning for this update in the long run it will be easier to
> maintain for a LTS and more users want to use both mysql 5.5 and
> dovecot2.
>
> Regards
> chuck
Since mysql is used by desktop applications we'll need to make sure that's
supported there as well.  We don't want to get into another mess like we did
with having to support 5.0 and 5.1 (to some degree) in Main.

I'm very interested in postgresql-9.0, but that should just happen since it's
in Debian already and postgresql supports parallel installation of multiple
versions.  The only question is if it should be the version in Main starting
in O or P.  I think there are some packaging complications if the highest
version in the archive isn't the one in Main (pitti would know for sure).

Scott K