[Oneiric-Topic] Server Boot

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Mar 30 05:12:34 UTC 2011

There was a lot of discussion around improving the server boot experience
before the UDS-M.  A number of people expressed interest in seeing more useful
diagnostic information during boot.  Others expressed concerns with boot
reliability on the more complex hardware typically found in servers.

How are we doing on this?  Personally, I can't remember the last time I
rebooted a server and it wasn't via SSH and the hardware I use is the sort
there were problems with.  Are these still issues for the Ubuntu Server
community?

Scott K