virsh editor

jurgen.depicker at let.be jurgen.depicker at let.be
Tue Mar 1 13:36:59 UTC 2011

Hi guys;

I have a small question: whenever I fire up virsh and want to edit a
domain, it launches vi and I would like it to be nano.  Although i
configured .bashrc to contain EDITOR=/usr/bin/nano  and
VISUAL=/usr/bin/nano , virsh seems not to care.  So I need to launch
'EDITOR=/usr/bin/nano virsh' to get my wish fulfilled.  What am I doing
wrong?

I asked this question on #ubuntu-virt, but noone seems to post anything
there except uvirtbot auto-messages about new bugs being posted on
launchpad...

Kind regards,
Jurgen