upgrade to natty problems - network down

bill bixby phyremon at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 02:49:54 UTC 2011

ok - sorry to blow up this list but i'm still struggling here.  I have found a
lot of similar problems (in different flavors of linux - etc) on forums but not
many answers - and none that help me.Hopefully the /etc/samba/smb.conf file from
my server will help.  The server is still fine but the other linux boxes can't
see it or open the domain at all.

(I know username map ... = smbuser instead of smbusers - there is a reason but
too long to explain)

please help

still desperate

jack

Current Config
# Samba config file created using SWAT # from UNKNOWN (127.0.0.1) # Date:
2011/05/31 21:39:43  [global] 	workgroup = DOMAIN 	realm = JOE.OFFICE.COM
	server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu) 	map to guest = Bad User 	obey pam
restrictions = Yes 	pam password change = Yes 	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd
%u 	passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:*
%n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* . 	username map = /etc/samba/smbuser
	unix password sync = Yes 	syslog = 0 	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m 	max log
size = 1000 	domain logons = Yes 	os level = 165 	preferred master = Yes 	domain
master = Yes 	wins proxy = Yes 	wins support = Yes 	usershare allow guests = Yes
	panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d  [homes] 	valid users = %S
	read only = No 	browseable = No  [Usr] 	comment = server user files 	path =
/usr 	read only = No 	guest ok = Yes  [print$] 	comment = Printer Drivers 	path
= /var/lib/samba/printers  [printers] 	comment = All Printers 	path =
/var/spool/samba 	create mask = 0700 	printable = Yes 	browseable = No