facter and KVM

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 27 14:51:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 21:21 +0100, Oliver Brakmann wrote:
> On 2011-01-26 18:33, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> > I'd agree too.  Please make sure you file a bug and follow the rest of
> > those procedures described in that SRU wiki document, and this should
> > go painlessly.
>
> D'uh, I'm an idiot.

Give yourself some credit, you were able to identify that its a problem
and file a cogent bug report.

> I filed the bug now (it's #708080), and subsequently began setting up
> all the bzr stuff the SRU wiki page talks about.  When I checked out the
> latest facter package, I saw that the bug has already been fixed in
> Debian, and merged into the latest package which is now in Natty.

I just looked, and you did the right thing and marked it as Fix
Released, though it would be good to also mention in the comments the
changelog line that leads you to believe that.

> I'll try the SRU stuff, but I've never done that before, and I'm
> clueless, so bear with me ;-p

I went ahead and nominated the bug for Lucid. You'll want to add the SRU
justification to the bug description next. Also does this affect
Maverick as well? Sounds like yes.