Persistent device names under Ubuntu Lucid LTS Server

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Thu Jan 13 17:14:57 UTC 2011

On 01/13/2011 11:40 AM, carlopmart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  How can I configure persistent name for an iscsi disk that i have
> attached to an ubuntu lucid server??
>
>  For example, under RHEL5.x releases, I have created an udev rule files
> with this content:
>
>  KERNEL=="sd*", BUS=="scsi", PROGRAM=="/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s %p",
> RESULT=="1IET_00020001", SYMLINK+="isda%n"
>
>  How can I do this with Ubuntu Lucid Server??
>
>  Thanks.

Hello,

Are you using multipathing?  If so, you can create an alias using the
WWID for the iscsi volume.  For example, you can add a section in
/etc/multipath.conf like the following:

multipaths {
        multipath {
                wwid                    THE_VOLUMES_WWID
                alias                   THE_PERSISTANT_NAME_YOU_WANT
                OTHER_OPTIONS_GO_HERE
        }
}

Joe