Installing Maverick on XenServer?

Pandu Poluan pandu at poluan.info
Sun Feb 20 11:16:31 UTC 2011

Okay, to answer my own question, I think I found a way:

http://community.citrix.com/display/xs/Configuring+CentOS+5.5+Guests+on+XenServer+5.5+and+5.6

Yes, the above are instructions for CentOS, but it should be
applicable for Ubuntu Maverick also; the script given is customizable
enough, and clear instructions on changing the repo address is also
given.

I'll experiment on an unused XenServer host tomorrow, and report back here.

(And that begs a question: Just in case I am successful, may I create
an Ubuntu Wiki article explaining the how's?)

Rgds,

On 2011-02-19, Pandu Poluan <pandu at poluan.info> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I noticed that XenServer 5.6 fp 1 supports Ubuntu Lucid. It seems to
> be able to pull the Xen-optimized kernel from
> /ubuntu/dists/maverick/main/installer-i386/current/images/cdrom/xen/
> and use that image to boot.
>
> However, if I use the Maverick Minimal CD, apparently it will not pull
> the same image.
>
> Can anyone point me to a HOWTO to install Ubuntu Maverick on XenServer
> 5.6 fp 1 the same way as it currently installs Ubuntu Lucid?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Rgds,
> --
> Pandu E Poluan