JeOS and ISCSI ISO testcases moved to optional

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 17 19:08:26 UTC 2011

Wanted to inform folks that we will be moving the following ISO
testcases to optional:
* Install (JeOS on ESX)[1]
* Install (JeOS on KVM)[1]
* iSCSI Authenticated Root Installation [2]
* iSCSI Unauthenticated Root Installation [3]

This means these tests will ***not*** be required for ISO release exit
criteria for Ubuntu Server.  Our decision was based on the lack of
consistently available resources to verify these configurations. With
that said, we are keeping them optional (versus removing them), as we
believe it's important to have them available for those wishing to
verify these environments for any given ISO release.

Anyone wishing to reverse this decision, please contact me directly.  I
have no problem adding them back along with your agreement to run them
for each ISO release. ;)

-Robbie

[1] http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/ServerMinimalVirtualInstall
[2]
http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/ServeriSCSIRoot#Authenticated%20Login
[3]
http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/ServeriSCSIRoot#Unauthenticated%20Login
--
Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)