want to use dnsmasq to resolve on localhost

C S Shyam Sundar csshyamsundar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 10:57:16 UTC 2011

Your configuration is correct. However, Im unable to understand what you
exactly need.

Remove 127.0.0.1 in /etc/resolv.conf from the server which has dnsmasq
installed. ( i presume, it is 192.168.1.2 ). Add other dns like 8.8.8.8 to
query other servers from internet.

In all the other nodes ( the vm's ) - add 192.168.1.2 in the
/etc/resolv.conf in the first line.

Im not sure if this solved your problem. If not, please elaborate on what
you exactly want on this configuration.

Regards

CS Shyam Sundar <http://about.me/cs3>