Code reviews for packaging changes

Adam Gandelman adamg at canonical.com
Fri Dec 16 23:36:52 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 03:04 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
> Hey everyone out there in server land.
>
> A few of us have decided to do start doing code reviews for the bulk of
> packaging changes in Ubuntu Server, given the high bar for quality and
> precision in.. well.. precise. :)
>
> Whether or not you are able to actually upload to the Ubuntu archive,
> you can help out with these code reviews.
>
> You can look for active code reviews here:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server/+activereviews
>
> Note that you will probably want to join the 'ubuntu-server' launchpad
> team.
>
> If you want to propose a change to ubuntu-server, push the change to
> an appropriate branch, and then propose for merging, and change the
> requested reviewer to 'ubuntu-server'.

Hi Clint-

Awesome stuff.

As someone who currently seeks sponsorship for uploads I've got one
question.   Several times in the last few months, I've proposed a merge
containing packaging changes to a package in the server set with hopes
of getting some peer review from fellow teammates.  Before anyone on the
team had a chance to review, the patch pilot on duty reviewed, merged
and uploaded.   Given this new workflow, are there any extra steps
needed to prevent that from happening so we can ensure a good peer
review/+1 before upload?  Or is specifying 'ubuntu-server' as the
reviewer enough?

Cheers,
Adam