Stepping Down

Adam Sommer asommer at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 1 21:56:31 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am regrettably submitting my public resignation from active participation.
 It's been a long time coming, and I've been optimistically holding on to
the hope that I could find more time for Ubuntu activities.  I apologize for
taking so long, and hope that I haven't jammed anyone up in any way.  The
past few cycles I have had increasingly less time to devote to Ubuntu
participation, and I've finally faced the fact that the situation won't
change in the near future.  I still plan to use and follow Ubuntu
development, possibly contributing small changes as time allows.

I would like to thank all the great friends I have made during the last four
years as part of the Ubuntu community.  It has a been a great time and very
enriching part of my life.  It is impossible to put into words what the
opportunities and relationships have meant to me.  It has been a truly great
experience, and I hope to someday have the resources to actively participate
in the community once again.

In the mean time please don't hesitate to friend me up, follow, place in
circles, etc.  I may be on pause, but I'm still out there :-).

Thank you all once again!

--
Party On,
Adam