[Oneiric-Topic] Complex deployment testing automation

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Wed Apr 13 16:02:22 UTC 2011

Hey James,

> I think this is worth re-visiting; automating something using ec2/puppet
> (and maybe ensemble?) might make this fairly easy todo and would add
> more depth to the testing that we already do automatically on ISO's and
> ec2 images.

Yeah, that sounds like a perfect fit for Ensemble.  We've actually
been doing exactly that already just with the initial tests.  Clint
has been developing the principia repository at Launchpad [1] which
already contains some bootstrapping formulas.

We'd be happy to discuss further how we can make Ensemble help more
with that kind of testing.

[1] https://launchpad.net/principia

--
Gustavo Niemeyer