Server Team 20110412 meeting minutes

Andres Rodriguez andreserl at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 12 17:55:24 UTC 2011


== Agenda ==

 * Review ACTION points from previous meeting
   * Daviey to submit UDS-O topic for translations and docs
   * jamespage to helpout with verification of euca-dhcp bug
   * jamespage to discover process/location for fixing ubuntu server
documentation
 * Natty Development
 * Ubuntu Server Team Events
 * Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
 * Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)
 * Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)
 * Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community
 * Open Discussion
 * Announce next meeting date and time
   * Tuesday, April  19th 2011 16:00 UTC

== Minutes ==

==== Meeting Actions ====

 * No actions.

==== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ====

 * Daviey to submit UDS-O topic for translations and docs
   * Talked to David P. about it and agreed to participate in the UDS-O
session.
 * jamespage to helpout with verification of euca-dhcp bug
   * DONE
 * jamespage to discover process/location for fixing ubuntu server
documentation
   * DONE
   * Docs up to date:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#Documentor resources

==== Natty Development ====

Focus is now on bug fixing rather than development.

 * robbiew: any remaining work items should be universe related or non-code
 * SpampS mentioned a few items are remaining:
   *
http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-server.html

==== Ubuntu Server Team Events ====

 * SpamapS: Apr. 13,14 I will be at the MySQL Users' Conference in Santa
Clara, CA
 * jamespage: I'll be attending puppet camp europe on the 28/29 April in
Amsterdam
 * zul: Apr 25 - 29 I will be at the Openstack summit, Santa Clara, CA

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh) ====

 * initial ISO tests via jenkins are all done, with success except for ec2.
 * Proposed to discuss jenkins usage on UDS.

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb) ====

 * Launchpad bug 751253 in linux (Ubuntu) "Many interrupts and slow disk I/O
on Lucid xen guest" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/751253
    * <smb> thinks really that sounds a bit like maybe xen version or
actually a lot of traffic as that machine had 500GB going out in 5 days

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer) ====

 * Not present
 * SpampS suggested to select someone else to drive the team.
 * RoAkSoAx suggested to remote the item from the Agenda until replacement
is found.


==== Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community ====

 * kim0:
   * Will be running a weekly community IRC meeting for the Ensemble team.
This will be run in #ubuntu-cloud starting tomorrow at 6pm-UTC, it will be
merged with the older community meeting. Everyone attending this meeting is
a good candidate to attend tomorrow's
   * That meeting will provide a high level overview of development in the
Ensemble world since last meeting/week.
   * Writing an announcement on http://cloud.ubuntu.com/ right now, which
I'll mirror on planet, and everyone is encouraged to spread/tweet...etc


==== Open Discussion ====

 * kirkland throwing a release party:
   * http://blog.dustinkirkland.com/2011/04/austins-natty-release-party.html

==== Announce next meeting date and time ====

 * Tuesday, April  19th 2011 16:00 UTC

== Logs ==
Logs can be found here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20110412


-- 
Andres Rodriguez (RoAkSoAx)
Ubuntu Server Developer
Systems Engineer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/attachments/20110412/c49a7f11/attachment.html>


More information about the ubuntu-server mailing list